At VanMoof we are obsessed with creating the best possible bike for cities of the world, and in the future we see that software will enable that just as much as hardware. We want to delight our riders everyday, by creating a mobile experience that doubles as a personal assistant for every A to B.
To make this happen, we're looking for a front-end developer that can build rich, high-fidelity, outstanding mobile UXs that smoothly work with our backend services. The Front-end Android developer will have a strong focus on VanMoof’s mobile app to implementing new features, optimize existing code, improve quality, and ensure it smoothly integrates with our backend services. As part of that, our promise to you is empowerment to build revolutionary services from scratch to the real world.
- VM Android app - Develop and maintain the front-end of our VanMoof Android app. Integrate with the Back-end, implement new features, test and roll-out new app updates.
- Development spikes/concepts - Quickly translate ideas into prototypes to assess solution directions, effort and achievability.
- Design - Work closely with an internal UX -designer to feedback on the design and advise improvements.This person will work closely with the R&D director, Product hardware and software team, as well as external development and design partners.
- Knowledge Leader - Be up to date with relevant new technologies and help us translate this to unique ideas and solutions.
- At least 2 years of experience in Android development.
- Multiple Android applications under your belt.
- Able to show individual skills as well as team successes.
- Can build mobile applications from the ground up as well, optimize existing code, and improve quality.
- Understanding of backend technologies and able to smoothly integrate.
- Experience with version control systems, continuous integration, implementing user analytics.
- Bonus points for experience with open source contributions, BLE connectivity, Beacons, and iOS development.