At VanMoof we are obsessed with creating the best possible bike for cities of the world, and in the future we see that software will enable that just as much as hardware. We want to delight our riders everyday, by creating a mobile experience that doubles as a personal assistant for every A to B.
To make this happen, we're looking for a front-end developer that can build rich, high-fidelity, outstanding mobile UXs that smoothly work with our backend services. The Front-end Android developer will have a strong focus on VanMoof’s mobile app to implementing new features, optimize existing code, improve quality, and ensure it smoothly integrates with our backend services. As part of that, our promise to you is empowerment to build revolutionary services from scratch to the real world.
- VM Android app - Develop and maintain the front-end of our VanMoof Android app. Integrate with the Back-end, implement new features, test and roll-out new app updates.
- Development spikes/concepts - Quickly translate ideas into prototypes to assess solution directions, effort and achievability.
- Design - Work closely with an internal UX -designer to feedback on the design and advise improvements.This person will work closely with the R&D director, Product hardware and software team, as well as external development and design partners.
- Knowledge Leader - Be up to date with relevant new technologies and help us translate this to unique ideas and solutions.
First, the practical ones:
- At least 2 years of experience in Android development.
- Multiple Android applications under your belt.
- Able to show individual skills as well as team successes.
- Can build mobile applications from the ground up as well, optimize existing code, and improve quality.
- Understanding of backend technologies and able to smoothly integrate.
- Experience with version control systems, continuous integration, implementing user analytics.
- Bonus points for experience with open source contributions, BLE connectivity, Beacons, and iOS development.
Now, the touchy feely ones:
We want someone who wants to change the world with us.
We want to make the world a better place. So we’re after someone who can step-change our app experience to delight people out in the real world every day. So if you're into making people smile, keep reading.
You’ll need to be as stubbornly focused as we are.
We do more with less here. But everything we do should improve the way people move in cities, and it’ll be your job to make that happen.
And you'll need to be damn inventive.
If you think you can roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty in the imagining, building, problem-solving and growing we'll be doing in the coming years, we'd love to talk to you.
Applications close Friday 3rd February, so be quick.
Who are we?
We’re a team of riders, designers, dreamers, and doers united by one goal - to help people get around their city faster, smarter, happier, and in utmost style. We’re spread across Amsterdam, Berlin, Brooklyn, Tokyo and Taipei but you’d be joining us in our Amsterdam HQ.