VanMoof was started by two Dutch brothers who wanted to develop the kinds of bikes that got people from A to B, without the fuss. Now we're a team of close to 100 riders, designers, dreamers and doers united by one goal: to help you get around your city faster, smarter, happier, and in utmost style.
At VanMoof we are obsessed with creating the best possible bike for cities of the world, and we believe one of the ways to do that is to revolutionise the way bikes are sold online. You should be able to buy it in minutes. Have it delivered within days. Unbox and ride it within seconds. As part of that, we are building on in-house development team to bring to life our ideas quickly, and beautifully.
The Back-end Developer will work on VanMoof’s digital platforms including VanMoof.com, my.vanmoof.com and other properties to improve the user experience, add features and ensure we have the best buying flow for our online customers.
The focus of this role is to deliver fast, reliable back-ends for our services and online store that drives additional online sales on vanmoof.com. Assuming you are the superstar we're after, you will also help guide us in which emerging technologies are worth pursuing, as well as exploring new ideas and ways to sell products online. In collaboration with the marketing team, and technology teams, the Back-end Developer is responsible for delivering a high quality and reliable platform for our future growth.
This person will work closely with the Digital Director, front-end developers and the wider development team at VanMoof, as well as external partners such as Momkai to build out VanMoof’s future platforms.
- vanmoof.com - Developing and maintaining Magento backend for our e-commerce platform, building new features, performing upgrades and managing hosted environment.
- my.vanmoof.com - Future development of back-office system, as well as the consumer-facing platform. This may entail building APIs in the future for interacting with the mobile applications that the bikes use.
- Deployment - Assisting the Digital Director with deployment strategies, and setting up a continuous deployment pipeline for fast, reliable software.
- Reporting - Regular and accurate reporting of sales.
- ODOO - Assistance with operational systems such as ODOO to ensure reliable operation and further development.
First, the practical ones:
- Minimum 2 years’ hands-on web development experience on production applications.
- Experience with PHP, databases and Amazon Web Services.
- Familiar with web application frameworks such as Backbone, Angular, and React.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git or Bitbucket.
- An eye for great design - and bonus points if you can design things yourself!
- Oral and written English. Oral and written Dutch is a bonus
- Bonus points for experience with e-commerce platforms or open source contributions
Now, the touchy-feely ones:
We want someone who wants to change the world with us.
We want to make the world a better place. So we’re after someone who can step-change our online experience to help us get more bums on bikes.
You’ll need to be as stubbornly focused as we are.
We do more with less here. Everything we do should improve the way our bikes are purchased online.
And you'll need to be damn inventive.
If you think you can roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty in the imagining, building, problem-solving and growing we'll be doing in the coming years, we'd love to talk to you.
Applications close Friday 27th January, so be quick.
Who are we?
We’re a team of riders, designers, dreamers, and doers united by one goal - to help people get around their city faster, smarter, happier, and in utmost style. We’re spread across Amsterdam, Berlin, Brooklyn, Tokyo and Taipei but you’d be joining us in our Amsterdam HQ.