VanMoof was started by two Dutch brothers who wanted to develop the kinds of bikes that got people from A to B, without the fuss. Now we're a team of close to 100 riders, designers, dreamers and doers united by one goal: to help you get around your city faster, smarter, happier, and in utmost style.
We've been around for 9 years now, but things took a rapid turn for the better in 2016 with the much acclaimed SmartBike and Electrified S. Our ambitious team and our game changing bikes are now ready to conquer the world. We have a hugely ambitious growth plan focussed on driving over 90% of sales through vanmoof.com, and the rest through an expanding collection of Brandstores in key cities across the globe.
But we have a vital gap, and we're hoping you can fill it. You are someone obsessed with continuous improvement, driven to manage our cashflow as we grow, and full of creative ideas for margin improvement and sales growth. What's more, you believe that you can be a key part of VanMoof's management team and as such shape the strategy of our company.
And believe us, it won't be easy. As you know, managing the growth of a company is an art. But managing the growth of an innovation led hardware and software company, that also wants to revolutionise the entire value chain? For that we need someone who can create a masterpiece.
- Create and oversee all financial processes across our global locations. Manage a team of two existing financial controllers
- Analyze complex business processes and implement improvements
- Ensure all decision making is done based on sound financial sense and analysis
- Strategic leadership on customs policy and fees, as well as transfer pricing
- Create and lead the conversation around monthly reporting, presenting results internally and externally
- Improve the quality of financial control, as well as liquidity planning in the short and medium term
- Manage and lead negotiations with financial partners
- Automate business processes and related financial transactions
- First, the practical ones:
- Ten years experience in financial accounting and controlling, including consolidation
- Proven leadership skills that can lift our company to a higher level
- Global experience in trading, manufacturing, and ideally the technology industry
- Strong analytical skills, clear communication, a cool head under pressure
- Relevant experience with management of financial packages, preferably ODOO
- Proficient English language in speech and writing. Spoken and written Dutch is a strong preference.
Now, the touchy-feely ones:
We want someone who wants to change the world with us.
We want to make the world a better place with our bikes. We’re after someone who will go the extra mile to take our bikes to the people, get more bums on bikes, and in doing so change the world.
You’ll need to be as stubbornly focused as we are.
We do more with less here, which should hopefully make you smile to start with. We need someone who can make sure that we do even less, in a bigger and more impactful way.
And you'll need to be damn inventive.
If you think you can roll your sleeves up, and get your hands dirty in the making, building, problem-solving and growing we'll be doing in the coming years, we'd love to talk to you.
Applications close Friday 27th January, so be quick.
Who are we?
We’re a team of riders, designers, dreamers, and doers united by one goal - to help people get around their city faster, smarter, happier, and in utmost style. We’re spread across Amsterdam, Berlin, Brooklyn, Tokyo and Taipei but you’d be joining us in our Amsterdam HQ.