At VanMoof, we design and manufacture our revolutionary city bikes in-house, selling them directly to our riders both online and in our global brand stores. Our production and supply chain operations are already in a league of their own, but now they need a forward-thinking innovator to scale them up – and shape them into the envy of the entire industry.
The CSCO we’re looking for is a natural leader with hands-on production experience in bringing high-tech products to life. You’ll develop a plan to unite our international supply chain, production, purchasing and customer fulfilment functions, then build from there to manage and supercharge our growth. We want to lead the way in terms of efficiency, product quality, flexibility and speed and you’ll be directly responsible for the innovation, recruitment, and raw hustle needed to make this happen.
- Build and mentor a high-performance team, specialized in all aspects of supply chain, production, purchasing and customer fulfilment
- Develop a culture of accountability, measurability, collaboration and sharing success – as well as room for mistakes and rapid learning
- Create a high-efficiency operations strategy, ensuring smooth processes at every stage – from ordering individual parts all the way to the customer’s first ride
- Maintain high level supplier contacts, negotiating to reduce cost prices and increase flexibility
- Oversee the quality control team to drive down our reject rates
- Work with our Taipei and Amsterdam-based R&D teams to streamline manufacturing – creating the most efficient bike production operation the world has ever seen.
- Work with the marketing and sales team weekly to adjust forecasts based on sales.
- Manage warehousing (including our own warehouse in The Netherlands) to achieve optimum stock product flow efficiency.
- Ensure customer deliveries are smooth and fast, ultimately targeting 24 hour deliveries in all markets.
- Create a solid bridge between customer service and the supply chain team, to ensure customers always have access to the latest delivery information.
The supply chain genius we're looking for has:
- Minimum of 5 years consumer goods production experience, ideally in the Chinese-Taiwanese market
- At least 3 years experience building and leading an Operations/Supply Chain team
- The flexibility to relocate to Taipei, and travel internationally
- Bicycle manufacture and planning experience is useful but not necessary
- Fluent spoken and written English is required – Mandarin is a handy bonus.
- Competitive salary
- Your own VanMoof, of course
- A high-energy working environment in the heart of Taipei
- A central spot in our ambitious, friendly, and rapidly growing international team
- No boring days, ever