At VanMoof we are obsessed with creating the best possible bike for cities of the world, and we believe one of the ways to do that is to revolutionise the way bikes are sold online. You should be able to buy it in minutes. Have it delivered within days. Unbox and ride it within seconds. As part of that, we are building on in-house development team to bring to life our ideas quickly, and beautifully.
The Front-end Developer will work on VanMoof’s digital platforms including VanMoof.com, my.vanmoof.com and other properties to improve the user experience, add features and ensure we have the best buying flow for our online customers.
The focus of this role is to deliver fast, reliable front-ends for our services and online store that drives additional online sales on vanmoof.com. Assuming you are the superstar we're after, you will also help guide us in which emerging technologies are worth pursuing, as well as exploring new ideas and ways to sell products online.
In collaboration with the marketing team, and technology teams, the Front-end Developer is responsible for delivering a high quality, reliable, and attractive platform for our future growth.You'd be joining a burgeoning technology team that's starting up internally for the first time.
This person will work closely with the Digital Director, back-end developers and the wider development team at VanMoof, as well as external partners such as Momkai to build out VanMoof’s future platforms.
- Mockups - Bringing our web experiences to life. The front-end developer should be able to take fully-designed prototypes and develop them into pixel-perfect online experiences.
- VanMoof.com - Developing and maintaining front-end for our e-commerce platform, implementing new features, ensuring all dependencies are up to date and managing hosted environment.
- my.vanmoof.com - Future development of backoffice system associated with My VanMoof, as well as the consumer-facing platform. This will entail building the front-end to use modern technologies, with a real-time sockets-based interface.
- Design - Alongside Momkai provide basic (or high-level) design advice/prototypes for use across our platforms. This could include micro-sites or other platforms e.g. blog.
First, the practical ones:
- Minimum of 2 years’ hands-on web development experience on production applications.
- Familiar with web application frameworks such as Backbone, Angular, and React.
- Familiarity with PHP.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git or Bitbucket.
- An eye for great design - and bonus points if you can design things yourself!
- Oral and written English. Oral and written Dutch is a bonus.
- Bonus points for experience with e-commerce platforms or open source contributions.
Now, the touchy-feely ones:
We want someone who wants to change the world with us.
We want to make the world a better place. So we’re after someone who can step-change our online experience to help us get more bums on bikes.
You’ll need to be as stubbornly focused as we are.
We do more with less here. But everything we do should improve the way people move in cities, and it’ll be your job to make that happen.
And you'll need to be damn inventive.
If you think you can roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty in the imagining, building, problem-solving and growing we'll be doing in the coming years, we'd love to talk to you. Even if you don't check every box, we'd love to have a conversation.
Applications close Friday 3rd February, so be quick.
Who are we?
We’re a team of riders, designers, dreamers, and doers united by one goal - to help people get around their city faster, smarter, happier, and in utmost style. We’re spread across Amsterdam, Berlin, Brooklyn, Tokyo and Taipei but you’d be joining us in our Amsterdam HQ.