At VanMoof, we create the smartest city bikes in the world, selling them directly to our riders. The bulk of our revenue comes from online sales, but our global brand stores are more than just the brick-and-mortar face of the company — they build trust and credibility in eight cities across three continents.
As Global Retail Manager, you’ll take charge of this brand store network, leading a team of high-performing store managers to make customers feel at home all over the world – from when they walk in, to when they ride out. You’ll analyze our worldwide performance, study and optimize our in-store strategies, then develop and implement a clear KPI-driven plan to make sure we beat our own targets.
- Manage and drive brand store performance, ensuring our in-store experience and customer satisfaction are best-in-class. Anyone who buys or subscribes in a store should ride away within 30 minutes.
- Deliver on daily revenue and conversion objectives for every VanMoof brand store, identifying and troubleshooting issues before they pop up.
- Work with our E-Commerce team to make sure the customer journey between brand stores and website is completely seamless.
- Develop concepts and campaigns (globally and with local teams) to help to bring more people into every store, and incentivize in-store purchasing.
- Track sales results on a daily basis, and update brand store teams accordingly.
- Connect brand store teams to ensure big wins and learnings are shared effectively.
- Deliver a global growth plan for the continued global brand store rollout, identifying which cities we have to launch in – and when we have to do it
The retail manager we're looking for has:
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, with at least 3 years of retail management
- Proven leadership experience – a genuine people person
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with the ability to spot (big) opportunities and make them happen
- Availability for international travel, and the flexibility to work outside normal hours when required
- Superb spoken and written English. Dutch (or Japanese/German/French…) is a major bonus
- Competitive salary
- Your own VanMoof, of course
- A key position in our ambitious, friendly, and rapidly growing international team
- A dynamic working environment in central Amsterdam
- No boring days, ever