At VanMoof we are obsessed with creating the best possible bike for cities of the world, and in the future we see that software will help us to achieve that goal just as much as hardware. We want to delight our riders everyday, by creating a continually evolving mobile experience that doubles as a personal assistant for every A to B. As part of that, our promise to you is the empowerment you need to build revolutionary services from scratch all the way to the real world.
VanMoof's iOS developer will build rich, high-fidelity, outstanding mobile UX's that smoothly work with our backend services. The iOS Developer will have a strong focus on our mobile app to implement new features, optimize existing code, improve quality, and ensure it smoothly integrates with our backend services. And on top of that you will also be involved in some super exciting, top secret projects.
- VanMoof app - Develop and maintain the front-end of our iOS app. Integrate with the back-end, implement new features, test and roll-out new app updates.
- Development spikes/concepts - Quickly translate ideas into prototypes to assess solution directions, effort and feasibility.
- Design - Work closely with an internal UX -designer to feedback on the design and advise improvements.
- Team Player - Work closely with the R&D director, Product hardware and software team, as well as external development and design partners.
- Knowledge Leader - Be up to date with relevant new technologies and help us translate this to unique ideas and solutions.
First, the practical ones:
- At least 2 years of experience in iOS development.
- Multiple native iOS applications under your belt.
- Can build mobile applications from the ground up as well, optimize existing code, and improve quality.
- Understanding of backend technologies and able to smoothly integrate.
- Experience with version control systems, continuous integration, user analytics.
- Bonus points for experience with open source contributions, BLE connectivity, Beacons, and Android development.
Now, the touchy-feely ones:
We want someone who wants to change the world with us.
We want to make the world a better place. So we’re after someone who can step-change our app experience to delight people out in the real world every day. So if you're into making people smile, keep reading.
You’ll need to be as stubbornly focused as we are.
We do more with less here. But everything we do should improve the way people move in cities, and it’ll be your job to make that happen.
And you'll need to be damn inventive.
If you think you can roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty in the imagining, building, problem-solving and growing we'll be doing in the coming years, we'd love to talk to you.
Applications close Friday 27th January, so be quick.
Who are we?
We’re a team of riders, designers, dreamers, and doers united by one goal - to help people get around their city faster, smarter, happier, and in utmost style. We’re spread across Amsterdam, Berlin, Brooklyn, Tokyo and Taipei but you’d be joining us in our Amsterdam HQ.