We're a ballsy, innovative bike company. You're the branding genius who'll generate momentum for us in Japan, with a primary focus on content creation and local brand building which converts into sales.
You'll work closely with the Global Marketing team, but you'll have a large degree of autonomy to advise us on the right things for the Japan Market from a partnerships, content and media perspective. As our most senior team member in Japan, you will also be in charge of team management in Tokyo, leading a small team and store operation.
- Build hype for the VanMoof brand in Japan
- Come up with content ideas that fit VanMoof
- Manage production of local content in collaboration with the global marketing team
- Combine content with smart media choices to distribute
- Grow VanMoof’s social following in Japan through sharp, relevant content that fits the market
- Drive traffic to our web-shop and Tokyo store through events, partnerships and smart marketing
- Discover brand partners for VanMoof in Tokyo and beyond
- Feedback to the global team on how to optimise the website for maximum conversion in Japan
- Create an environment focussed on experience, test rides, collaborations, events, anything to get more bums on bikes
- Build a best-in-class local team in Japan, covering store staff and customer support
- Manage the team on a weekly basis to make sure we (over)deliver on our promises to customers, and we hit our sales targets
- Keep the Global team updated on progress, and any roadblocks to achieving our targets
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a content creator
- World class communication skills
- An unstoppable entrepreneurial spirit
- Fluent in English, at least proficient in Japanese
- Available for travel (80% domestic)
We want someone who wants to change the world with us.
We want to make the world a better place with our bikes, and we don’t think traditional marketing will make that happen. We’re after someone who wants to make things that make us famous, get more people riding bikes, and change the world...and goes the extra mile to make it happen.
You’ll need to be as stubbornly focused as we are.
We do more with less here. But everything we do should be utterly on-brand, and it’ll be your job to make that happen.
And you'll need to be damn inventive.
We don't just want someone who can tick the boxes, we're looking for someone who can solve problems of all sizes, lean into the chaos, and help us get better every day. We're growing like crazy, so you'll also need the patience of a saint and the persistence of a bulldog. Things move fast here.
Do you think you can roll your sleeves up, and get your hands dirty in the making, building, problem-solving and growing we'll be doing in 2018? Even if you don't hit all the points above but have the gut feeling that you'd be a good fit, we'd love to talk.
Please make sure to upload your portfolio as part of your application, which by the way closes January 19th, so be quick! Click the little yellow button below and let's get this party started.