We are looking for a talented Lead Hardware & Software Engineer to manage all embedded hardware and software related projects with our external manufacturing partners. Your focus will be mainly on new development projects, next to improving existing and reflecting on quality and continuity of products in the market.
This is your chance to not only become a part of our international team of inventors, but to help us build outstanding hardware and software capabilities. You’ll be part of our world-class product development team in Taipei.
Next to initiating, leading and driving projects with external projects, you'll be responsible for designing, developing and delivering the full electronic system of our future bikes. From translating design and proposition requirements to choosing the right pcb layout, components and microprocessors. In depth knowledge and affinity of related embedded software is expected in this role too. In addition you should proactively be up to date with relevant new technologies and help us translate this to unique ideas and solutions.
You'll work closely with the R&D director, Product designers and front and backend development team, as well as external manufacturing partners.
As our lead engineer, you will:
• Manage external development projects related to electronic engineering (for example: battery,display and ECU
• Help us build a small but effective internal team of hardware design and embedded software engineers.
• Being able to design and specify hardware and software systems from prototype to production
• Excellent knowledge about production and development partners throughout China and Taiwan (OEM experience).
• From concept to in the market: deliver detail hardware and software systems that are ready to be produced.
• Knows every detail of electrical engineering manufacturing process and shares this knowledge with the wider development team.
• Proactively researches emerging new technologies to create new opportunities.
• Closely work with production partners to realise designs and prepare for production.
The engineer we're looking for has:
• 5 years proven track record in hardware and software engineering
• 2 - 3 years experience in Project management
• Bachelor degree in Electrical engineering/computational science or similar.
• Proven hardware designs from first prototype/proof of concept to mass production products.
• Strong technical skills in MCU products.
• Experience with C, C++, Assembly and Visual C++
• Knowledge of communications protocols such as USB, I2C, SPI and UARTs
• Experience in iOT technology, smart phone/BLE connected products.
• Experience in functional verification, debugging and testing.
• Able to work with and steer external development partners.
• Comfortable working independently or within/steering a small team
• Fluent in written and spoken English
Working hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. But we always go the extra mile when it is needed.