We’re a bike company that doesn’t play by the rules, and we’re taking the world by storm. Our city brand stores are the beating hearts of our international operations, and we’re looking for an experienced store manager that shares our vision of bringing bikes to the world. Think you’ve got what it takes? This is your chance to join our team of riders, tinkerers, and troublemakers.
If you’ve ever set foot in a VanMoof brand store, you’ll know they’re not like other bike shops. In fact, they’re not like other shops period. Our brand stores are city hubs for all things VanMoof, a place where people can take the latest models for a (big) test ride, start a VanMoof+ subscription, get some mechanical TLC from our Bike Doctors, or just stop by for a fresh cup of coffee and a chat.
We’re looking for a forward-thinking team leader who can take charge of our New York branch and drive our performance and legendary customer service further than ever before. Not only will you maintain and improve standards across the board, you’ll take steps to transform the store into a brand ‘embassy’, with an increased focus on customer experience, test rides, collaborations and community events – both for local residents and corporate partners.
As store manager, it’s up to you to divide your time between locking in sales with customers, recruiting and optimizing your in-store team, making sure repairs are running smoothly, and liaising with our offices around the world. All the while, you’ll need to make sure everything about the store is completely on-brand as possible.
We didn’t say it would be easy, but it will be a whole lot of fun.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage our flagship brand store in New York, leading and recruiting our retail team and Bike Doctor squad
- Grow the VanMoof brand in NY and beyond, with a focus on custom test rides, collaborations, events, and more
- Develop a long term sales strategy, and then work to surpass our own sky-high targets
- Work closely with our global support team to maintain our level of service, and troubleshoot problems before they arise
The store manager we're looking for has
- A minimum of 2 years’ retail experience, with applicable team leadership and people management
- World class communication sales
- An unstoppable entrepreneurial spirit
- The willingness to travel, both domestic and international
- Competitive compensation
- A 40 hour work week (although we always go the extra mile when necessary)
- Cell phone, laptop, and all the tools you need to do the best job possible
- Your own VanMoof bike
- Insider experience in a rapidly-growing international company
- An informal working environment in Williamsburg
- Healthy lunches, special snacks, tasty coffee (and lots of tea)