You probably come from a background in Industrial Design, Interaction Design or Product Development. What's more, you strengths are an elusive combination of extreme creativity, analytical thinking, visual design, and hands-on prototyping. Still with us? Good. We want you to be part of our world-class product design team, based in Amsterdam.
As our Product Inventor, you will work on VanMoof’s bikes and accessories, as well as our software. On a daily basis you will be coming up with bright ideas for new products or improving existing ones, and then rapidly prototyping and realizing them. You will work closely with the R&D director, Product hardware and software team, as well as external development and design partners. Above all, you will help to imagine the future, and then make it a reality.
- Develop ideas/concepts and quickly create prototypes to assess solution directions, scope the complexity, and and prove feasibility.
- Detailed Product Design from initial concept to production ready prototype.
- Closely work with production partners to realise designs and prepare for production.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of materials, construction, mechanisms, color, surface, finish and manufacturing process.
- Proactively researches emerging new technologies to create new opportunities.
First, the practical ones:
- At least 2 years experience in Product Design and Development
- Proven product examples from bright idea to production
- Able to work with and steer external development partners
- Outstanding visualisation and 3D modelling skills
- Bonus points for experience with prototyping and realizing IoT products, or prototyping skills with electronic platforms such as raspberry pi
Now, the touchy-feely ones:
We want someone who wants to change the world with us.
We want to make the world a better place with our bikes. We’re after someone who can invent never seen before products and solutions that allow us to get more bums on bikes. Which essentially means we want you to change the world.
You’ll need to be as stubbornly focused as we are.
We do more with less here, so we need your wild ideas to be focussed around our strategy (at least 90% of the time anyway).
And you'll need to be damn inventive (it's even in your title).
If you think you can roll your sleeves up, and get your hands dirty in the imagining, building, problem-solving and growing we'll be doing in the coming years, we'd love to talk to you.
Please make sure to upload your portfolio as part of your application. Applications close Friday 3rd February,, so be quick.
Who are we?
We’re a team of riders, designers, dreamers, and doers united by one goal - to help people get around their city faster, smarter, happier, and in utmost style. We’re spread across Amsterdam, Berlin, Brooklyn, Tokyo and Taipei but you’d be joining us in our Amsterdam HQ.