We're a ballsy bike company who's famous both for our understated and functional product design and our cheeky brand. You're a creative leader who'll push the visual world of our brand to be just as iconic.
- Amp up, refine, and own the visual element of every VanMoof touchpoint including brand and product advertising, photography, social media, vanmoof.com, email communications, blog content
- Create visual guidelines/style guide so everyone is clear on what VanMoof 'looks' like
- Ultimate responsibility for the design of our nine VanMoof stores globally, including store related visuals and design of new displays. You'll guard consistency between all stores, with room for local flexibility.
- Oversight and daily management of the existing global design team (consisting of a Mid-weight Designer and a Junior Designer)
- Manage career development of your team, and drive recruitment of new team members when necessary
- Identify future visual design needs at VanMoof, build a plan, then get cracking
- In all your spare time…..support the sales team on custom bike designs for our B2B customers, and consult the R&D team on bike colours and packaging design
First, the practical ones:
Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a graphic designer, with at least 3 years in a senior position
Minimum 2 years’ experience of people management - motivating a team to excellent work is your jam
A flexible, bold, positive, and determined personality
Excellent spoken and written English required, with bonus points for Dutch (or German, Japanese, French, Danish)
International experience is preferred, but not a deal-breaker
Now, the touchy feely ones:
We want someone who wants to change the world with us.
We want to make the world a better place with our bikes, and we don’t think traditional marketing will make that happen. We’re after someone who wants to design things that make us famous, get more people riding bikes, and change the world...and then goes the extra mile to make it happen.
You’ll need to be as stubbornly focused as we are.
We do more with less here. But everything we do should be utterly on-brand, and it’ll be your job to make that happen.
And you'll need to be damn inventive.
We don't just want someone who can tick the boxes, we're looking for someone who can solve problems of all sizes, lean into the chaos, and help us get better every day. We're growing like crazy, so you'll also need the patience of a saint and the persistence of a bulldog. Things move fast here.
Do you think you can roll your sleeves up, and get your hands dirty in the making, building, problem-solving and growing we'll be doing in 2018? Even if you don't hit all the points above but have the gut feeling that you'd be a good fit, we'd love to talk.
Don't forget to upload your portfolio as part of your application. Applications close January 19th, so be quick! Click the little yellow button below and let's get this party started.